Goals and Objectives of Marywood University
Provide a values based context for university experiences.
- A majority of students will participate in service opportunities in an on-going way.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of the ethical dimensions of their fields of study.
- A majority of students will participate in spiritual development activities.
- Employees will demonstrate core values in the work place.
Foster an awareness and appreciation of the pluralistic nature of contemporary society.
- Graduates will choose to study or work in multicultural settings either at home or abroad.
- Enrolled students will travel abroad during their college years.
- Employee groups and governing bodies will reflect the pluralistic nature of contemporary society.
Provide a supportive and welcoming environment to a diverse academic community.
- Students from a cross-section of socio-economic groups will enroll in each incoming class.
- Campus constituencies will express satisfaction with all campus services.
Prepare people for socially responsible leadership roles.
- Students will participate in an internship or practicum experience.
- Students will demonstrate a significant level of co-curricular activities.
- Students will experience positive interactions with faculty members outside of class.
- Employees will serve as role models of socially responsible leaders.
Provide a challenging instructional program.
- Students will demonstrate competence in both information literacy skills and communications skills.
- Faculty will provide evidence of ongoing scholarly activity.
Inspire a sense of personal responsibility for responding to social justice issues.
- Faculty, staff and students will participate in projects designed to address social inequities.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of both national and international social justice issues.
- Faculty, students and staff will serve as advocates for justice in their personal and professional lives.
04/17/04 - Reviewed by the Board of Trustees.
04/17/10 - Reviewed by the Board of Trustees.